Sunday, 10 July 2016

Scarf or Shawl?

My Regina Marie shawl is now completed. I'm really happy with this one; it's come out pretty much as I hoped for, the yarn has been great to work with and is still beautifully soft.


I made a couple of tweaks to the pattern as I wanted something that was more scarf than shawl; long and thin. Firstly I went for 32 repeats of the main pattern block, rather than 26. I wish I'd been braver and gone even further with that as I still had yarn left at the end, though I'm not sure an extra couple would have made much difference.


Then during the short rows section I knit four stitches beyond the gap on each pass so that I consumed the stitches more quickly to create a thinner crescent.


I don't know what the technical definition of a scarf vs a shawl is - but whatever it is I've made I love it.


3 comments:

  1. I love how the pretty lace border falls in the perfect place to be seen. Brilliant pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! You're so clever at adapting patterns too.

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments, so feel free to leave lots of them!