Wednesday, 27 August 2014

Travel Knitting

What's a good holiday without a good bit of knitting to go with it? Exactly! I've been wondering for a while quite how much I'll need to take with me to last the full three months, particularly since I knit more on holiday than I do at home. I don't have an answer but I do have a plan.

It involves this laceweight New Zealand wool:


A vacuum packer.

This pattern for an intricate shawl.

Three almost identical needles and a roll of pink thread for making lifelines - in case airline security should decide that needles are a hazard and can't be taken in hand luggage (they shouldn't, their own rules say knitting needles are allowed, but I'm paranoid).



And this swatch - just as a taster you understand.

Don't look too closely - there are multiple mistakes in there!

One nice big but light project. If I finish that, well, Joe says I might have to talk to him...

8 comments:

  1. There's an incentive to knit slowly! It's that or multiple rounds of The Minister's Cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you did know that the Ministers Cat is a knitters cat, didn't you?

      Delete
  2. Oh Jenny, You must be getting very excited about your trip now. If you do manage to finish this project early then that will give you a good excuse to have to find a wool shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If such an excuse is ever needed - New Zealand is well known for its wool so it would be a crime not to at least look!

      Delete
  3. Oooooh......that is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just hoping I can do it justice, I've not knitted with anything so fine before - the swatch was a challenge.

      Delete
  4. That should keep you busy, exciting times eh?xxx

    ReplyDelete

We love reading your comments, so feel free to leave lots of them!