Sunday 7 July 2013

Summer Knits: 1. Casting On

We were on holiday a couple of weeks ago and for us that means one thing - new projects! It was while camping a few years back that we decided to each learn a new skill. I chose to learn to knit while Joe focused on crochet. Sitting around in our camp chairs with a ball of yarn has since become a bit of a habit and this year was no exception. Recently Joe's also started to learnt to knit and so this year we both got out our circular needles for some cardigan making. (A little unorthodox I know...)

I've made a start on a new lightweight cardigan for myself to bolster my summer wardrobe. Ironically I'll probably be finishing it just as autumn kicks in, but it'll be there for next year. I'm rediscovering all sorts of items that have been hiding in the back of my cupboard at the moment as I make an effort to break that habit of a lifetime - jeans and a t-shirt. Hopefully this new cardie will fit in nicely.


I had great difficulty persuading my work to sit flat for a photo
and ended up using the ball of wool as a weight on one end.

Joe, on the other hand, is knitting a cardigan for a small person and enjoying the challenge of his first piece of lace knitting - rapidly expanding his knowledge of knitting stitches.




We'll keep you up to date with the progress of these projects as we continue.