Wednesday, 6 November 2013

Summer Knits: 7. Giving It Some Body

We've recently taken our third and final weeks break for this year and that means more knitting! Joe took the opportunity to crack on with the toddlers cardigan he's been working on. He's now finished the shoulders, separated off the sleeves and is working his way down the body. It's really starting to take shape now.


Meanwhile my cardigan now looks like this:


Finished, blocked, ends tucked in and being worn. I'm really pleased with it (*does a little happy dance*). I have to admit though, that I've yet to sew on any buttons because I'm being very indecisive over which buttons to use. That doesn't stop me wearing it though.


While it's not the most complicated pattern I've followed, it's certainly the finest wool I've ever used (3ply). I've only used 254g of the 500g I bought (ebay bargain!) which leaves me wondering what to do with the rest. First though, there are plenty of smaller projects in the pipeline...


10 comments:

  1. That cardigan (yours!) is such a flattering fit! I would go for some nice wooden buttons - maybe square ones or something - if it was mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm really pleased with how it drapes - its got more flow (and less stiffness) to it than I thought it would which really helps how it sits.

      Delete
  2. Well done, both of you. It's a great feeling to have finished a project... even without buttons! And it looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It is great to see it finished, and I like it enough I've worn it most days since which is always a really good sign :D

      Delete
  3. They're both fabulous. 3 ply is so fine, you must have the patience of a saint to knit an adult garment in it, I've only used it for baby knits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has taken a while, but it was easier than I thought it would be. I'm very happy to be heading back into the world of DK and Aran now though!

      Delete
  4. I like the way the diamonds get smaller near the neckline. It has blocked out really well. Well done, smashing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked that about the pattern too, a nice way of doing the necessary decreases.

      Delete
    2. Lovely! It fits perfectly and being a neutral you can wear it with just about everything. That little pink one is adorable. I can't wait to see it finished.

      Delete
    3. That was about my only plan when I started - make a neutral cardigan thats fairly lightweight.

      Delete

We love reading your comments, so feel free to leave lots of them!