Wednesday 30 July 2014

Knitting for Digory

I've finished my latest bit of knitting and it's being very ably modelled here by Digory, our four month old godson. It's a little large for him at the moment which is perfect, because knitting faster than he grows is currently a small challenge!


I had a bit of a play with the pattern for this one. It's Pembroke and is designed for a worsted weight yarn. What I had in my yarn box though was Sirdar Baby Crofter DK which was going to leave me with a bit of a size problem. I was aiming for something roughly the 6 month sizing described, so decided to follow a pattern for a larger version and let the smaller wool/needles do the trick. After some swatching I set out on the 12 month version but very quickly realised it was still coming out too small.



Back to square one and making the 18 month version finally seemed to do the trick with the added bonus of more cables for my width than the six month would have managed. Even so, I'm very relieved that Diggy has some room to grow into it!

Modelling is serious stuff...