Wednesday, 4 June 2014

Big Foot

I've just finished turning the heel on my first sock for Joe and so far have used 27 g of wool which is good news. I was a little worried that I would put too much into the foot and would therefore end up with really short legs but I think 50g per sock should turn out to be quite reasonable.

I decided in the end to make Scylla which are conveniently toe up. They have a 20 row repeating pattern block which makes the knitting seem to go faster. I always find a good memorable pattern is very conducive of "just one more row" syndrome.



I do like to amuse myself by trying them on intermittently though....

Too big, do you think?

10 comments:

  1. Hilarious! They look great. You do inspire me to do more sock knitting . Love Mum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you'd like the last picture :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, they look fabulous! I want some! Can't believe how quickly you get through knitting projects too. Takes me months to do anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Assuming your feet are smaller than Joe's I'm sure we can work something out ;)

      Delete
  3. Well there's one thing, you won't be borrowing them. I like the pattern you're using, I've never knit toe up before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not done proper toe up before either but I've used similar techniques for projects like the Hoot toy. I'm not sure which I prefer, but I this way I do at least get to make the most of the ball of wool.

      Delete
  4. Lol....hubs sure has large feet! They are coming along beautifully1xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He does, though I also have particularly small feet which makes the comparison even better :)

      Delete
  5. I love that pattern! It's perfect for that yarn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern says its good for varigated yarns and I'd like to try it on something that changes colour more regularly. I do agree though, it works really nicely and is nice and easy to do even if it does tend to get lost in the big navy sections.

      Delete

We love reading your comments, so feel free to leave lots of them!